Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Sleekgeek 30-day healthy habits challenge. Day 29 & 30.

sleekgeek-social-community-of-support-and-motivation-healthy-lifestyle

The email said;
"What are you doing in April"?
A "challenge" calendar made by my daughter Jayne.

My daughter and me...
It was her idea for us to do the challenge as a team.
Although we live in separate cities,
the tasks are designed in such a way that they can be
 done by individuals within a team.
Well done to the organizers for that.

eat move think sleep

Day29-300x300
This task was harder than expected, especially the morning.
I realized that a bowl of cereal is not really sufficient
 to get me through to lunch.
However, I did not snack, but I did have an early lunch...at 12.30.
The afternoon was a lot easier.
It amazed me how easily we fall into the trap of smaller meals
bolstered by snacks to get us through the day.
My snacks are usually nuts or a piece of fruit 
as I do not eat chocolate, the usual "go to" snack of choice.

Day30-300x300
Final day. 
I love getting up in the early hours of the morning to 
get as much work done as I can before the sun rises. 
This morning I sat quietly and just "breathed"...
but as I did, I thought about the past 29 days and what it has meant to me. 
 A big "THANK YOU" to my team mate Jayne​ for setting me on this path 
and all of those in the group who were supportive 
or who responded to the pictures and comments that I posted. 
This is the most supportive, kind and pleasant Facebook group 
I have every had the pleasure of interacting with. 
My wish for all of you is that you not only reach but exceed all your goals. 
May they turn to reality and become "good habits" forever. 
From a dark and somewhat chilly Johannesburg, I bid you all a fond farewell.


No comments:

Post a Comment